Activity Plan for Week of August 9th in The Activity Room
Click here to read Activity Plan for Week of August 9th in The Activity Room on Hands On As We Grow®
This week’s activity plan inside The Activity Room we have a variety of activities. In fact, every week in The Activity Room touches on the main objectives: art project or a craft, gross motor (movement) activity, fine motor (pre-writing) activity, sensory, and a hands-on learning activity (in a more traditional academic way).
Of course, this week in August is no different than any other!
We make sure we have this variety each and every week to make sure to develop the whole child and not just focus on one area or the other.
The Activity Room also gives a family prompt to do over the weekend together to promote that family time together. Of course, you do these when it works in your schedule, as every family is different.
We are sharing with you this sample below as an example of what our members get to see every week.
Ever wonder, How do I make an activity plan for my young kids? With The Activity Room, we do all the planning for you. So that you can focus your energy on what matters: making memories.
Let’s take a look at this week’s Activity Plan:
This Week of Activities in The Activity Room:
- Monday: Random Spaghetti Art
- Tuesday: Balance Beam Color Match
- Wednesday: Pipe Cleaner Fishing (shared by our Member of the Month, Laura Hillman)
- Thursday: Apple Name Puzzle
- Friday: Flour Sensory Play
- Weekend: Visit the Beach (family activity prompt exclusive to Activity Room members)
This Week’s Activity Plan List of Supplies:
We recommend our members to go through the supply list at the beginning of the month when we release the activity plans, and check off what you have. If you don’t have something, before you buy it, check our substitution list to see if there’s a supply substitute, or ask in our Member Community for suggestions.
We really don’t want you to have to go buy a supply if you don’t have it, we can likely tweak the activity to make it work for you with what you have (especially if you stock up on your craft supplies by using the Starter Supply Kit we provide members when you join. The Starter Supply Kit is a list of our supplies we use most in our activity plans).
- dry spaghetti
- food coloring (various colors, blue) (substitution: watercolors or kool aid packets)
- gallon-size freezer baggy
- paper towel
- rubbing alcohol (skip if you don’t have)
- colorful buckets (substitution: colored paper)
- painter’s tape
- various objects from around the house
- chopstick (substitution: any stick or pencil)
- pipe cleaners
- paper (any, green, red)
- baking sheet or tray (substitution: any plate or cardboard)
What’s happening in The Activity Room this August:
- 5 Day Member Challenge with lots of fun and prizes!
- Laura Hillman is in the Member Spotlight sharing her favorite activity, Pipe Cleaner Fishing
- Live Story Time to go with an activity!
- Learn a Letter Bonus Week for Annual Members
- Activity Lesson on Juggling Multiple Kids (as members of The Activity Room, you also get full access to the Mastering Activities Course)
Plus all the normal Activity Plans you get and other perks to joining:
- 5 Weeks of Activity Plans every single month! Just like the one you see here with printable PDFs.
- Online Calendar Reminders / Daily Prompt
- Daily Activity plus 2 alternative activities to choose from
- Active and Engaged Member Community
- Prizes and lots of fun!
We open enrollment to The Activity Room to the public only a few times a year. You can take the FREE 7 Day Activity Challenge now to keep the fun going or learn more about The Activity Room and join the VIP Waitlist to be the first to know, and get priority enrollment!