- Microsoft's Xbox Games Showcase will take place on July 23rd at 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET.
- Microsoft will finally show off Xbox Series X gameplay from games being developed by first-party studios, including Halo Infinite.
- Rumors have also suggested that new entries in the Fable and Perfect Dark franchises could make an appearance at the event, but the Xbox Series S probably won't be revealed.
For the first several months of 2020, Microsoft was on a roll. The surprise reveal of the Xbox Series X at The Game Awards at the end of 2019 had everyone buzzing through January, and once E3 2020 was officially canceled due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, the company was quick to adapt. Blog posts began rolling out almost every single week, detailing features and specifications of the next-generation console.
By early May, virtually everything there was to know about the Xbox Series X had been revealed, but we still had not seen any new games actually running on the console. A first look gameplay event in May was set to be the final piece of the puzzle, but it ended up being a big disappointment, lacking gameplay and focusing on small games from third-party studios rather than blockbuster titles to showcase the hardware. But Microsoft finally has a chance to redeem itself at the Xbox Games Showcase, which will take place on July 23rd at 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET.
Today's Top Deals
- 5 things you need to stock up on now that coronavirus cases are skyrocketing again
- You won’t believe how much Purell is in stock right now at Amazon
- This coronavirus face mask is made in the USA and it’s unlike anything you’ve seen before
Trending Right Now:
- Survey teases PS5 price that’s just too good to be true
- NASA’s SLS rocket tore open like a tin can
- How Dr. Fauci protects himself against the coronavirus
Microsoft’s next major Xbox Series X event coming on July 23rd originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 10:56:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.