Saturday, October 9, 2021, Kyle Dolan
Saturday Themeless by Kyle Dolan
1. Feat rarely but only accomplished from home: GRAND SLAM - GRAND SLAM home runs are rare and so is any home run hit by a pitcher, but Atlanta BravedHuascar Ynoa did both.
10. Divisive element: WEDGE - Politics is full of WEDGE issues that candidates must skillfully manage.
15. Passing comment?: HERE YOU GO - Oh so clever! We have abandoned this practice and use buffet style
17. Uniform tone: OLIVE DRAB.
18. "Gotcha": ROGER - Can't post this enough: Kareem Abdul Jabbar plays ROGER Murdock and hilarity ensues
19. Assent in Asturias: SI SI - Englebert, et al sang: "Please say, SI SI. Say you and your Spanish Eyes will wait for me."
20. Ape: SIMIAN - relating to, resembling, or affecting apes or monkeys.
22. Shooting technique: PAN - This PAN shot nearly took my breath away!
23. Immune system agent: T CELL - Here ya go
25. Low spot: DELL - There's this farmer who lives there...
26. "I __ a traveller ... ": Shelley's "Ozymandias": MET - One poem that really rocked my 17-yr-old perspective
27. Equivalent of some crying emojis: LOL - A tad overused these days
29. Cold front sites?: IGLOOS - I suspect when they are done, all the sides will be cold. I read that a 57. Wet blanket: SNOW makes a longer lasting IGLOO than dry powdery snow
31. Claim: ALLEGE - I ALLEGE Colonel Mustard killed him in the Conservatory with a Wrench.
34. Low on cash, say: STRAPPED - Derivation
36. Penn of "Harold & Kumar" films: KAL - Along with his costar John Cho.
42. Eisenhower Era bombs?: EDSELS - No nukes here, just an expensive Ford mistake.
44. He collaborated with Rihanna in "Love the Way You Lie": EMINEM - A mix of her ballad and his rap. Google this violent video if you must.
45. Called before: NEE - When my colleague's wife died I went to the mortuary online site I knew they would use for the obit. I did not know she had kept her maiden name.
47. Anjou relative: BOSC.
50. Jump, maybe: REACT.
54. Big name in luxury cars: BMW - Let's see, how old was I when I learned the B stood for Bavarian and not British?
55. Flower flow: NECTAR - My cwd radar went up to see "flower" as a noun for something that "flows" but, no, it was simple than that.
58. Remoulade cousin: AIOLI.
63. Imaginary axe: AIR GUITAR - FWIW, axe is a euphemism for guitar
1. Suddenly stop returning texts, say: GHOST.
3. Come up: ARISE.
4. Renowned English conductor Sir __ Marriner: NEVILLE - Here ya go
5. Vat contents: DYE.
6. Rolls out the green carpet on?: SODS.
13. Image on a dollar bill: GREAT SEAL.
14. Bring in: EARN.
21. Soul singer inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995: AL GREEN - How 'bout a mellow break?
24. Uses a password: LOGS IN.
26. Cleaning tool: MOP.
28. Do not disturb: LEAVE BE.
30. Roofer's need: LADDER - In a list of 35. How-to list heading: DO'S and Don't's, this would fall in the latter (get it, latter/ladder) category.
34. One out of 100: Abbr.: SEN - It's 50/50 these days.
38. Among presidents, Jackson was the first: DEMOCRAT - Old Hickory
41. Boodles or Booth's: GIN.
43. Deems proper: SEES FIT.
48. Help in getting to the next level?: STAIR - Our kitty is getting up in years
52. Reddish pink: CORAL.
53. Dance provocatively: TWERK - "If you can't sing..."
54. Big party: BASH.
55. Pedants' pickings: NITS - Some are harvested here
56. Some convoys have big ones: RIGS.