With Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner, this gals kitchen is turning into a full-on baking machine the sweet tooth is in full force these days and Im eyeing ALL the yummy desserts for all our holiday get togethers! I found this easy peasy Apple Pie Bake recipe via Pinterest and whipped it up last week when I hosted bunco at my house.
Seriously delish, great for a group gatherings because it easily feeds 6-8 friends and of course we added vanilla ice cream because EVERYTHING is better a la mode:
Apple Pie Bake
INGREDIENTS **serves 6-8 people**
- 2 packs pillsbury cinnamon rolls [with icing]
- 1 tablespooncinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoonsbutter
- 2granny smith apples, diced
- 1 cupbrown sugar, packed
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut cinnamon roll dough into bite size pieces (about the size of a quarter each) and set icing aside to use for topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, combine the butter, apples, and brown sugar, letting carmelize/thicken [about 10 minutes] and then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon roll dough pieces evenly in a 99 inch baking dish. Pour the egg mixture on top, followed by the apples. Drizzle the reserved icing on top.
- Bake for 2530 minutes, until golden brown and then drizzle cinnamon roll icing on top.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy!