This is a family favourite that has been on our menu for a long time. It is so delicious. It’s a rich and flavourful meal that you would want to serve on a warm autumn or winter evening in. I have made this dinner for guests many times and we have always had enough.
- 1 small onion – quartered
- 2 cloves garlic (or garlic powder)
- 14oz diced tomatoes
- 2/3c chicken broth
- coconut oil
- package of 9 chicken thighs
- 1/3c flour
- 1c bread crumbs
- pinch oregano
- parm cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375. In a blender, puree chopped onion, garlic, tomatoes and chicken broth. Set aside. In a medium shallow dish mix together flour with parm cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper— all to taste. Dip chicken thighs in flour mixture until completely covered. Heat a good amount of coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sear the chicken. Turn a few times until both sides are browned.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan and add in the tomato sauce mixture and scrape up any brown bits left over from the chicken— mix them in with the sauce. Add oregano Bring to a boil.
- Arrange chicken thighs in a large baking dish, give a small dust of salt and pepper for extra flavour. Once sauce is boiling, pour it over the chicken thighs and place baking dish in the oven uncovered and cook for 45 minutes until the sauce has reduced by about half.
- Cook spaghetti noodles and toss in a light coating of butter. Spoon pasta into dishes and top with chicken and a few scoops of sauce. Sprinkle of parm cheese optional!
Baked Chicken Cacciatore originally published by hopefulandhomemade on Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:35:24 +0000 at _https://hopefulandhomemade.wordpress.com/2020/03/11/baked-chicken-cacciatore/