Soup is already pretty healthy, so its easy to make substitutions that make the recipe really nutrient-dense, especially when we add our Land & SEAsoning and make potato soup with sweet potatoes. Plus sweet potatoes and our all-purpose seasoning really go well together. We put Land & SEAsoning on roasted sweet potatoes, on baked sweet potatoes, on sweet potato casserole, so why not use it with a soup? It adds both flavor and nutrients.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large shallots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon Land & SEAsoning
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups organic chicken stock
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Optional Soup Toppings
Put the toppings in some small bowls and pass around to allow friends/family to put their own toppings of their choice on the soup. Or just sprinkle a little bit of Land & Seasoning on top of the soup for color, flavor and a little tad more nutrition!
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Turkey bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Shredded cheese
- Green onion (chopped)
- Nori Flakes
- Preheat over to 450o F.
- Place sweet potato cubes and shallots in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt, thyme, and Land & SEAsoning. Toss so all pieces are well coated with olive oil and seasonings.
- Spread the sweet potatoes and shallots out on a foil or silicone lined baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes or until cooked through and nicely caramelized and browned around the edges. Remove from oven.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, heat chicken stock and coconut milk in a saucepan on the stove top until steamy (but dont bring to a boil).
- Place the cooked sweet potatoes and shallots in a blender and add the hot chicken stock/coconut milk. Pure until smooth.
- Note: You may need to work in batches because you should be careful when blending hot liquid. Fill the blender bowl no more than a third full and start with short pulses. Or use an immersion blender or electric hand mixer. In a big pot, add your sweet potatoes/shallots, then pour in the stock and coconut milk. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Taste for seasoning, add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls with a side salad and crusty bread. Let family/guests add their own preferred toppings!
See our home page or latest news
Looking to buy or order products on sale now.