There’s nothing like hanging out with a creamy peanut butter cocktail during the holidays! This post is sponsored by the National Peanut Butter Board.
My favorite thing about peanut butter is just how versatile it is. Not only does it make the best sandwiches ever created by human beings, but you can use it in savory foods (hello, chicken satay) and even in your holiday drinks! Regardless of how you have it, you will still be getting an amazing eight grams of protein, two grams of filling fiber and 12 grams of unsaturated fat in each two-tablespoon serving.
I used to go to this chocolate cafe when I was in university – they made the best chocolate cocktails I’ve ever had in my entire life. They also had this incredible chocolate peanut butter cocktail that pretty much tasted like liquid heaven. This particular peanut butter cocktail is an homage to that one.
The main difference is this cocktail has a peanut butter base with just a touch of chocolate. In my opinion, the chocolate can get overwhelming, and this version celebrates the deliciousness of peanut butter with a delicious hug of chocolate to support it.
Ingredients for a Peanut Butter Cocktail
You don’t need a lot to make this cocktail which is the best. All you need are:
- Peanut butter – creamy is a must. No one wants a crunchy cocktail!
- Cream liqueur Vodka – I prefer a vanilla-infused one, but plain, chocolate, or even whipped cream is good, too!
- Milk – This adds volume and extra creaminess. The cream liqueur helps prevent curdling. I also like using milk alternatives like cashew soy milk which also helps.
- Chocolate bitters – This is totally optional, but it adds just a touch of a chocolate undertone.
- Chocolate syrup – To decorate the sides of your cup, which will also add a delicious hint of chocolate to the cocktail.
How to Make Your Cocktail
This cocktail is meant to be made for a crowd! The best thing to do is make it in a bowl and use a ladle to serve.
I prefer to start with the peanut butter and slowly add the liquid to the peanut butter. That helps to keep the cocktail smooth without clumps of peanut butter.
Use creamy peanut butter – regular or natural both work as long as you stir in the peanut oil back in if there is any separation before you measure and add it in.
- Mix the peanut butter and then add the liqueur. When you whisk it together it will still feel very thick.
- Mix in the vodka. Keep stirring until it is really well-combined. It will start to thin out nicely at this point, but will still be on the thick side.
- Slowly add in the milk. I recommend adding in only half a cup at a time. It will really start to thin out well. By the end, it will be the perfect texture to drink!
- Add in your bitters, if you want. If you don’t have any or can’t find it, feel free to skip!
Okay, fellow peanut butter fiends, #HowDoYouPB Let me know and comment with some of your favorite peanut butter recipes! Don’t forget to visit here for even more delicious peanut butter recipes for every occasion.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups cream liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla vodka
- 3 cups milk or cream
- Chocolate bitters - optional
- Chocolate syrup
- Mix the peanut butter and cream liqueur together until smooth.
- Stir in the vodka until smooth.
- Slowly stir in the milk and mix well.
- Add in a few dashes of chocolate bitters, if desired!
- Drizzle chocolate on the insides of your cups and pour your drinks.
Can be stored in an airtight container overnight until ready to serve
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 83mg Sodium: 131mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g