Sausage Croissant Breakfast CasseroleSausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole - we love this easy overnight breakfast casserole! Only 6 ingredients! Sausage, croissants, cheddar cheese, eggs, half-and-half, and dry mustard. Assemble the night before and bake in the morning. Great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and overnight guests. #casserole #breakfast #croissant #makeaheadcasserole
Easy Overnight Sausage Breakfast Casserole
How to Make Sausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole
Tips for Making Overnight Sausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole
- I used a roll of Jimmy Dean sausage. You can use regular or hot sausage.
- Can substitute turkey sausage for pork sausage.
- Can substitute heavy cream or whole milk for half-and-half.
- Make sure to use bakery croissants. This recipe does NOT use refrigerated crescent rolls. Croissants and crescent rolls are NOT the same thing. Make sure to buy croissants from the bakery.
- Can use any cheese you prefer - gouda, pepper jack, Monterey jack, or Swiss are good.
- Can assemble and refrigerate up to 24-hours before baking.
- Can double the recipe and bake in a 9x13-inch baking dish for a crowd. You may need to add 10 to 15 minutes to the cooking time to ensure the eggs are set.
Can You FreezeSausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole?You can make thisSausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole in advance and freeze unbaked or baked. To bake the casserole after freezing, thaw completely in the refrigerator and bake as directed below. To reheat after freezing, thaw completely in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave or covered in the oven. I suggest reheating at 350F for about 30 minutes.
What to Serve withSausage Croissant Breakfast CasseroleThisSausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole is crazy good. It is great for potlucks, brunch, and overnight guests. It is a great alternative to our usual breakfast casseroles and quiches. The buttery croissants really make this casserole! We love to serve thisSausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole with some grits, fruit and sweet rolls. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this Easy OvernightSausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole:
- Slow Cooker Smoked Gouda Grits
- Strawberry Bread
- Grape Salad
- Quick Orange Rolls
- Cracked Out Deviled Eggs
This article originally published by Plain Chicken on Tue, 31 Dec 2019 10:25:00 +0000 at _https://www.plainchicken.com/2019/12/sausage-croissant-breakfast-casserole.html