- 1 broccoli, chopped into florets
- 3 cups of green split peas
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Chicken stock (I use the cubes or powder and follow instructions for how much per lt of water)
- 2tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 2tsp slithered almonds
- 1tsp dried roasted onions
- 2tsp chilli flakes
1. Add broccoli, onion and garlic with a bit of olive oil to a crock pot and cook for 3-5 minutes until onion is translucent.
2. Add split peas, approx 2 tb of stock & just enough water to reach 3/4 of the pot.
3. Bring to a boil then turn heat to low and simmer for approx 30 minutes or until peas are soft.
4. Meanwhile, toast the walnuts & almonds until aromatic. Wait to cool then combine with chilli and onions.
5. With an immersion mixer or blender, puree the soup until it is thick but still somewhat runny- you may need to add more water.
6. Garnish with chilli nut blend- enjoy!