Instant ramen turns into a deliciously easy weeknight meal. Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen is packed with vegetables, peanut butter, and delicious Asian flavors.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 9 ounces instant ramen
- 3/4 cup no sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons low sodium tamari soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Cut the chicken breast into bite sized pieces, about 1-inch pieces. Toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons soy sauce and sesame seed oil and one teaspoon each minced ginger and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Combine the chicken stock with the peanut butter, rice vinegar, remaining soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic and the crushed red pepper. Stir with a whisk until the peanut butter is dissolved into the broth.
- Remove the ramen from the package (I break them into large pieces to make them easier to eat). Place the ramen in a mixing bowl full of hot tap water. Set aside to soak 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the celery, red cabbage, and bell peppers and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove the vegetables from the pan and keep warm.
- Swirl the remaining vegetable oil into the pan and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Return the vegetables to the pan.
- Drain the noodles and stir into the pan along with the broth mixture.
- Bring to a boil and them simmer until the noodles are cooked through; about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the green onions and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 334Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 74mgSodium 658mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 33g
Peanut Butter Lovers Day
- Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle by Daily Dish Recipes
- Dan Dan Noodles with Beef by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Easy Thai Peanut Soup by Art of Natural Living
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peanut Butter Babka by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Peanut Butter Bars by Intelligent Domestications
- Peanut Butter Blondies by Books n’ Cooks
- Rich and Creamy Microwave Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Fudge by That Recipe
- Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen originally published by Chris on Sun, 01 Mar 2020 11:00:11 +0000 at _http://www.akitchenhoorsadventures.com/thai-peanut-chicken-ramen/